Thursday, May 5, 2016

Wesley: Day 5

Today I woke up, and I had breakfast. Then we went on a tour of San Sebastián. We went through a very cool market. In the meat department we saw a skinned lambs head, sheep brains, cow lips, and cow nose. When we saw the fish department it made me hungry, which made me miss my lunches with my dog Molly. Than we took a train up a steep mountain, and on the top of the mountain we got a great view: we saw France! We took a team back down the mountain. After the tour we split up into groups and walked in the town. I went with Matt, Noah, CJ, and Chip. We went and looked at stores. We saw a very pretty market so we stopped and we got a snack. I got myself a bag of apricots and some pop. Then we went to the bakery and I got some jelly shortbread cookies. I love markets in Europe that only sell fruits and vegetables. Then we went and we had dinner. I finally got to try steak tar tar. It was good but it was an acquired taste and it was rich, so I got some fries with it. Tomorrow morning we are going to say goodbye to Spain. I thought Spain was a great place. The towns were so beautiful. They had beautiful beaches, trees, building, nature and pretty girls. I am going to be sad to leave Spain, but I know Plum Village will be just as good.

10 comments:

  1. Skinned lamb heads, sheep brains, and cow nose... ewww. Did you have any?? I'm sure Mully misses you, and he will be so excited to see you when you come home. How was the Steak Tar Tar? I'm happy to hear you had a great time in Spain and I'm so excited to hear about it when you come home. I'm sending you loving kindness and I hope you make the most out of your time in Plum Village. Namaste. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, did you see an evil king? -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you had "fruitful" adventure in Spain, do keep enjoying your adventure through Plum Village

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to take lots of good photos to share! have fun in Plum Village! --JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog made me hungry !! hahaha I'm sure you sad to leave Spain but just think about how amazing Plum Village will be!!! You'll have such great stories to tell when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? No sheep head or lamb brains or entrails for dinner? I guess Romney will have to suffice. Thinking of you so much, knowing you are now at Plum Village and trying to picture what the experience must be like. Can't wait to hear from you. All my love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? No sheep head or lamb brains or entrails for dinner? I guess Romney will have to suffice. Thinking of you so much, knowing you are now at Plum Village and trying to picture what the experience must be like. Can't wait to hear from you. All my love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke up this morning trying to imagine what you were up to in Plum Village at that very moment. I remembered the Buddhist monastery I visited in Japan and I expect it's even more beautiful where you are - Bordeaux!!! xo

    ReplyDelete