Wednesday, May 11, 2016

ARCH ACADEMY GLOBAL TRIP 2016 - DAY 11

May 11

TAYLOR:

Another day in Plum Village! 

This morning after breakfast the monks had prepared a special group activity just for Arch -- awesome!! We watched a great video, and then one of the monks drew a diagram leading us into a deep conversation about overcoming drama, our feelings, how to navigate/manage/balance those feelings, and the conscious and subconscious mind. We discussed seeing beyond stereotypes, how we define ourselves, and the specific emotions we feel drive us. Finally the group finished with a pretty fun game and a really cool song, it was great!

We also worked out at Happy Farms again today, on a range of mulching, planting, and manure-scooping activities. I personally was on the mulching crew. One interesting aspect of that particular job is that every time you find a slug, you have to literally throw it as far away from the crops as possible. Well, I threw a whopping 39 slugs. Cooper doesn't think this is possible, and that I must have miscounted. Personally, I just think Cooper can't recognize my slug-tossing skill. Anyway, today was our last day of working at Happy Farm. Working on the farm was definitely a new experience for a lot of our group, but I think it's safe to say we all share a lot of gratitude for the time we spent out there.

Outside of working on the farm and our special group activity, the rest of the day went on pretty much as normal. Meditation, tasty vegan food, and a lot of sports and games! I personally really enjoyed playing ping pong with CJ and Chip today (as well as saying hello to some cats that invaded the table as we played). Others enjoyed games of soccer or basketball.

I think the group consensus at the end of today is that we're all pretty beat. But it's a happy tired. As our days here at Plum Village wind down we all are doing a lot of reflecting, both on our experiences here and on our more internal states. Hope all is well back home, we can't wait to see all of you! (And since I haven't done a blog yet and I know she's been reading, a special shoutout to my mom. Hi momma!!)


~Namaste Everybody~

3 comments:

  1. my, what a jam-packed day. it all sounds really fun. i hope you guys keep having fun at Plum Village! --JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, how great to read YOUR entry! Your days at Plum Village and Happy Farm will continue to hold a special place in your heart upon reflection, I'm sure.
    As for your slug-tossing ability, I have no doubts! (-;
    I'm thrilled for you to have had this whole experience.
    Safe travels for the rest of your journey~thank you for the shout out, sweetie-it made my night! Love you, always~

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great, I hope you have recovered from your wasp experience and that Cheryl is doing better as goes for the rest of the staff. Do enjoy the rest of your final days in trip, Namaste

    ReplyDelete