Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wesley: Day 4

Today we woke up and had breakfast. Then our bus to San Sebastián did not show up so we had to take a train and a different buss. San Sebastián is a very small town. In the after noon first I went for  a walk with Matt. Then I went and had lunch with Noah and drew. Then we went to the beach and I played ball with Eric. Then I went for a walk with Heather. Then for dinner I ate pigeon. It tasted like beef. This whole week I have been a little stuffy from the airplane. Some how tonight it got worse, but if I sleep well I should feel better. This trip is fun. Today was a nice relaxing day, a welcome break from the jam-packed days at the beginning of our trip. We woke up a little before 10 and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the hotel. After our scheduled bus was running too late for our itinerary, Eric and Beth saved the day by rerouting us to take another bus from Bilbao to San Sebastián. We weaved through the Spanish countryside and after about an hour made it to our destination. After a quick city bus ride, we found ourselves at our hotel, which is located just one block from the beach. The view is stunning, and the town is simply amazing. Good job planning the trip Matt!

Drew took Wesley and Noah into town, where they found a great sandwich place during their exploration. Although the place was technically closed for siesta, apparently the three were so polite that the store owner made an exception!

Meanwhile, Taylor and I swam out into the freezing water with CJ, Chip, and Diana. When asked if he was going out CJ replied, "you're damn right I am!" before charging into the water. That's the Zombie spirit!! He brought a go pro out with us as we swam, and we took turns diving down to the bottom of the sandbar. It was the clearest water I've personally swam in for quite some time.

After spending most of the day swimming and playing soccer at the beach, we met for dinner at a local restaurant. We all tried food a little out of our comfort zone, from foreign fish to even pigeon! Everything was delicious. Another successful day for Arch Academy. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wesley! It sounds like you guys are having so much fun. It's so different back here at Arch without all of you guys. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Spain when you get back. -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I ask of you whether or not you would recommend pigeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the pigeon taste? I bet it was like chicken :) --JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Wesley!! Hope you feel better! try to enjoy what's in front of you instead of what's in your nose!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blogs are always so fun to read!! Did you enjoy your breakfast?? I hope you feel better, and I'm glad you had a nice relaxing day. Yay for staying positive -Faith

    ReplyDelete