Wednesday, May 11, 2016

CJ: DAY 11

So today was the top of a hill for me. The last day of hard work and most of the day tomorrow is dharma talks. But today was good. Meditation has become easy. Chiefly because I found a way to sit that does not hurt my legs. Then we had a private group with one of the monks. This group was focused on drama and recognizing it, acknowledging it, and letting it go. After this I played some ping-pong and then we had working meditation. Again, I shoveled "compost," which is just another way of saying "poo-poo." Then during the dharma sharing after I put my hands in something spiky and now my hands are irritated. Oh, I forgot to mention walking meditation earlier which was again quite tranquil. After shoveling cow turd (pretty sure it was cow crap mixed with rotten vegetables), a soccer game was held and I participated. I unfortunately messed up my ankle but my shoes  aren't meant for running. Then we had dinner with the other people that played. Everyone here is quite nice. Anyway that's all for tonight. I look forward to my return home and a nice burger. Because as Cheryl put it, the rice is starting to look like the oatmeal. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. i look forward 4 u gys coming back! karma misses cheryl, buckeye misses her too --JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you had you had fun shoveling that cow dookie. Also good job on your stating different synonyms for the word poo. I hope you enjoy your final days and that your ankle and hand are doing better. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll delay our usual Friday burger run til you get home. Enjoy your last moments at Plum Village and thanks to the staff for giving you this experience! Mom

    ReplyDelete