Saturday, May 14, 2016

CJ: DAY 13

Today was actually bittersweet. We left Plum Village. I didn't sleep the night before. Then I slept in and skipped breakfast (aside for some apples because, I swear, if I have to eat oatmeal again I'm going to be sick). Then I packed and read most of the day, enjoying the rain while reading "A Farewell to Arms." Which I finished. Good book. Then we left Plum Village. Part of me wanted to stay. It was like an oasis that I was a bit sad to leave. The other part of me wanted actual food. So after a long train ride we arrived at Bordeaux. There was a relativity Americanized pizza shop conveniently located across from the train station. I had a pizza and, oh my god -- after a week of vegan food did I need actual food. As far as I could tell everyone else was one the same page as there seemed to be every member of the animal kingdom on the table. Then we took a very long bus ride and I dragged mine and Eric's heavy bags 200 meters and up a flight of stairs to a Best Western that has been styled to look like an American movie studio. So now I bid you all good night.

2 comments:

  1. CJ!! It seems that the mindfulness has rubbed off on you and i'm so glad! Thank you for carrying Eric's bags through the airport. That was very mindful of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast see you at Zombie. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete