Saturday, May 7, 2016

CJ: Day 7

So today was...different. the morning began with us getting up too early as a result of someone's incompetence. (Chip!) It was raining this morning when we woke up and during meditation. It of course stopped because I just can't get any rain on this trip. After meditation we had breakfast. The food is not bad but the format of being silent and eating as a group is weirding me out. Then we began walking meditation into the forest. This was the high point of my day because there was a place I could just sit and look out into the forest. I could stay on that spot for days. There was just some thing...very special about it. Then after a break we had lunch then I got to work at the happy farms. This made me appreicate the fact that I live in America with a rich family so I don't have to work like this. That was pretty much my day. The part I really cared about was that forest. I still can't put my finger on it, but I felt at peace. Hope everything is o.k. in the states.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think Chip is incompetent, but sounds like another early morning for you! Walking meditation into the forest sounds really calm and relaxing. I hope you're having a great time and Namaste. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget mindfulness continues while blogging (CJ! (minfully). Enjoy your travels through MINDFULLNESS, Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are appreciating the experience. Didn't rain here either so we got to play baseball. We all miss you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ! I know that before leaving, you were kind of worried about the whole being silent thing. But I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to find peace in the beautiful forests! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That thing you felt in the forest...I think that you enjoy it because it is a lot quieter than the city, and nothings happening, and that you have all your stress released from your shoulders. --JJ

    ReplyDelete