Monday, May 9, 2016

DIANA: DAY 8

Today started out with meditation and breakfast but then we went to New Hamlet. We listened to a dharma talk and did walking meditation. Then we ate lunch and listened to a special Mother's Day talk, which was hard for me but good at the same time. We then returned to Upper Hamlet. After dinner, I met a couple that were from Romania. I started talking to them and learned that for about 50 years it was a communist place and then in the 1990's it became total chaos. I also learned that gypsies in Romania are a beautiful culture and are not what most people think of when they think of gypsies. I also learned that many poets and artists come from the town where I was born, even to this day. I learned how to say "thank you" but I have no idea how to spell it. Happy Mother's Day to everyone that is a mother.

3 comments:

  1. All of this meditation practice sounds exciting and fun to learn. It's cool that you met some people from Romania... it must have been great! Have a good day. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you have learned a lot about your background which is pretty cool. Do enjoy tomorrow. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun! enjoy your stay there! --JJ

    ReplyDelete