Thursday, May 5, 2016

ARCH ACADEMY GLOBAL TRIP 2016 - DAY 4


Cooper


San Sebastián
Today was a nice relaxing day, a welcome break from the jam-packed days at the beginning of our trip. We woke up a little before 10 and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast at the hotel. After our scheduled bus was running too late for our itinerary, Eric and Beth saved the day by rerouting us to take another bus from Bilbao to San Sebastián. We weaved through the Spanish countryside and after about an hour made it to our destination. After a quick city bus ride, we found ourselves at our hotel, which is located just one block from the beach. The view is stunning, and the town is simply amazing. Good job planning the trip Matt!

Drew took Wesley and Noah into town, where they found a great sandwich place during their exploration. Although the place was technically closed for siesta, apparently the three were so polite that the store owner made an exception!

Meanwhile, Taylor and I swam out into the freezing water with CJ, Chip, and Diana. When asked if he was going out CJ replied, "you're damn right I am!" before charging into the water. That's the Zombie spirit!! He brought a go pro out with us as we swam, and we took turns diving down to the bottom of the sandbar. It was the clearest water I've personally swam in for quite some time.

After spending most of the day swimming and playing soccer at the beach, we met for dinner at a local restaurant. We all tried food a little out of our comfort zone, from foreign fish to even pigeon! Everything was delicious. Another successful day for Arch Academy!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cooper! I hope you get your luggage back soon and i'm glad to hear you're having a great time especially in Spain's beautiful water! Wish I was there swimming with all of my fellow Zombie teammates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this I can get that today was successful which thats good. I see that training has not stopped I long to be in the water with my team rather than alone and for five minutes in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention Namaste my traveler

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOOOOOP miss you man. you deserve this trip with all these bafoons! cant wait till hawaii #MooperForTheWin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today sounded super fun! Sounds like you guys have gotten a lot of fun swimming time in, and I can't wait to see the footage CJ took. Keep up the Zombie spirit. -Faith

    ReplyDelete