Monday, May 9, 2016

CHIP: DAY 8

Today started off pretty crumby but then got good. After breakfast and meditation, we took a field trip to New hamlet. We stay at the Upper Hamlet and it's a forty minute drive to New Hamlet. We went there for a lecture from an older nun who spoke English just for us, Arch Academy! Pretty cool. But it was pretty boring and most of us fell asleep. There was also this really chill guitar player and singer named Betsy Rose. Then we had to do a walking meditation but Matt and I snuck away from the group and walked in a hill by ourselves until lunch. We had a formal lunch in the meditation hall. It was pretty weird since the girls were on one side and guys on the other. It was like sixth grade prom. Betsy sung a pretty good song for Mother's Day and I remembered my mother and I got a little teary since it's my first without my her. She's probably with my brother. Love you, mom! After that it started getting pretty good. We sat around in a circle with some monks and Betsy to talk about ourselves and sing songs. Tonight and tomorrow is going to be "lazy" so I'm excited for that. Alright that's all I got. Love and miss you, mom. Bye!

4 comments:

  1. New Hamlet sounds really cool, and I hope you're learning a lot while your their. I'm sure your mother misses you, as do all of us back at school. The hill you went to sounds fun, have a good "lazy" day. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do enjoy your lazy day, sounds like a whole lot of fun. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I somehow missed my Mother's Day shout out. I was wondering if you would remember that it was Mother's Day, and, of course, you DID!!!! What a wonderful gift to read your message! I actually spent Mother's Day with Gustaf in Las Vegas. I guess that doesn't sound very mindful, and it's hard to image a sharper contrast to where you are now, but that's where I was. I thought of you and your brother, and how lucky I am to have you both. Exactly what I wanted when I dreamed of the kind of children I might have - 2 sweet, thoughtful, funny, smart, wonderful boys. Yes, I am lucky to have you both. Not so lucky in Vegas, but that's not really important now, is it? :D
    Love you! Keep having fun! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so peaceful. --JJ

    ReplyDelete