Thursday, May 5, 2016

Chip: Day 5

Today was a fun day! This morning we had a tour of San Sebastián from our guide Miguel. He told us a lot about the culture and history of the city, including the history of the an all men's cooking club. Another thing I learned is that San Sebastián is named after the character from the bible, Saint Sebastián. He was a Roman soldier who believed in being a Good Samaritan. His punishment for this was to be tied to a tree and shot with a ton of arrows. I actually remember hearing about him and seeing paintings of him at a museum in LA. Miguel and our group had a really good time and we enjoyed it. After that, we got food and went to the beach. When we went to the beach, Matt, Eric, CJ, and I dug a really big hole in the sand. We were all really proud of it but when we got ready to go into town we had to leave it for the kids to play with. I guess that that's what pictures are made for. Then we went souvenir shopping. I guess that's all for now, tomorrow we are going to Plum Village which I am really excited for! Bye!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all are having an amazing time!!! So happy for you all. I can't wait to hear about Plum Village!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miguel sounds like an awesome tour guide, and it's funny because in Peru we had an awesome tour guide named Miguel. I think it's cool that you already knew about the soldier. How big was the hole you dug? On the bright side, you were being mindful and let the other kids play in the hole when you left. I can't wait to see the pictures, and I'm really excited to read your blogs about Plum Village. The school's different without you, and I'm excited for you to come back. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, tomorrow you leave for Plum Village! plz say hi to Tich Naht Hanh for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog reminded me of the global trip to Peru because the tour guide was also named Miguel. Good times, good times. I Wish I was there to experience this amazing trip!! Have fun at Plum Village and make sure to come back with some amazing stories for us to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete