Saturday, May 7, 2016

Matt: Day 7

Where am I?

I'm in the moment, it is quite cool and things are simpler. Being part of the Sanga means I am one with the Buddhists. None of our western hooey is really like this place (even though it is better than nothing). My takeaway from the day is the challenge it is to be a monk. I can't go through the day without thinking about what I am going to do once I get out of Plum Village at least a couple of times. I love the Sanga feel here. It is quite nice to be able to smile and be cool with random strangers. That must be the partial key to true happiness for the Buddhist. The Buddhist monks live in such a way that is quite nice; amazingly simple while still being difficult. It is very difficult to be so simple and be happy at the same time. Especially keeping it up for long periods of time. But it is definitely a feeling that is quite unique and positive. Goodnight. Take it easy.

4 comments:

  1. Where are you? You are in one of the most mindful places on Earth, and I'm happy to here your having an amazing time. Have a good day, and I'm sending you peace and happiness. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are in another country. Sounds like a blast enjoy your week of peace, Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt! It seems like your enjoying Plum Village which I'm so glad to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having a good time in Plum Village. --JJ

    ReplyDelete