Tuesday, May 10, 2016

CJ: DAY 10

Today was back to the normal schedule. After waking early for meditation, we had breakfast. Today was focused on the mindful trainings. The monks have fourteen mindfulness trainings, but the beginner's version was only five. Of course, I was chosen to read the one on natural health. Or was it nutrition and healing? Whatever it was, it just dumped on my entire way of life. Then we had walking meditation where I walked with one of the monks who showed me how to see nature. It was quite nice and I enjoyed walking with him. Sadly, I can't remember his name. Something with an F (editor's note: it was Brother "Fabio"). Then we went to the Happy Farms where I shoveled compost. Now I am going to read Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms" for American Lit. So, good night.

4 comments:

  1. Even though the trainings might have "dumped on your entire way of life," you can use it to help improve! It sounds like you are enjoying Happy Farms, and I hope you're taking lots of photos to share with us. Have a good night. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun and that you are learning a lot. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you listen to the Monks and try to incorporate it into your life better than you do for me! Give Cheryl our wishes for a fast recovery so she can enjoy the rest of your time at Plum Village. Mom

    ReplyDelete