Saturday, May 7, 2016

Diana: Day 7

I woke up today feeling happy and relaxed; not tired at all. We missed sitting meditation this morning so I decided to do walking meditation instead. Before I knew it I was done and it was time for breakfast. The food was not bad; I had oatmeal with raisins, kiwis, apples, and a banana. After breakfast I decided to lay down and rest. At about 9:30 a.m. we all went into the meditation hall and listened to one of the monks talk about the practice of Mindfulness. We then did walking meditation which was amazing! It was beautiful! When I was walking slowly I realized that I did not know how exactly to walk slowly very well. I started realizing that I never give myself time to slow down and become aware of what's around me. Still, I felt very peaceful and relaxed. I also saw on the walk a place where there are many Buddha statues. Each one is slightly different from the other. After lunch we played ping pong with the monks and it was so much fun. I learned that Chip is actually really good. We then did working meditation at happy farms. I did the composting. I would fill a wheelbarrow with manure and then wheel it to a row of dirt and empty it. It was hard but really fun!! After we went to dinner and now we are going to do sitting meditation followed by sleep. I hope everyone is doing well at home. 

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are learning a lot of amazing skills while on this trip! I'm happy for you, and hopefully you can use all of this meditation skills off in Mills if you get stressed or need some time alone. Your blogs are enlightening and I miss your enthusiasm at school. It's easier to realize what I have when I don't have it... and I miss you so much. I can't wait to hear your adventures, and I'm glad to hear your having a great time. Everything is going good at home, and Namaste. -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need help walking slowly, just ask a Hollywood effects worker, he or she will definitely know how it is done. It appears that you have a fantastic day hopefully that will continue so, which it will, Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi diana, enjoy some france for me.
    <3 esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana!!!!!! Hellooooo!!! I miss you and I'm so happy to hear that your relaxed and at peace! Sending you loving kindness from back home and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relaxation is so important. Enjoy the experience! It sounds like you are having a great time. Have fun! - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i really think that plum village is just the place you all needed to just relax and unravel. --JJ

    ReplyDelete